Thursday 11 October 2012

OCC Division 6A Matches 6 to 8

Match 6, GHG vs Cruor Imbibo II

This was a tough game against vamps (only my second ever game against vamps). I won the toss and chose to receive, but made a mess of my drive. I passed the ball to my rookie catcher Gil-Galad mid way into the vamp half on the left, but failed to make a strong cage for him and left him badly exposed.

The vamps grabbed the ball with one of their ST4 blodgers, and the first half degenerated into me chasing him around the pitch with my players trying to get 2D hits on him as he made his way closer to my line. On turn 8 I finally got a 2D block on him with my killer (tackler) catcher Vanval - I knocked the ball loose, my new thrower picked up the ball and passed it to Gil-Galad, who caught it in a TZ and dodged away for a late touchdown.

In the second half the vamps attacked down my right, but again exposed their blodging vamp ball carrier to a 2D hit from Vanval, and again I knocked the ball loose. I waited and waited, holding the ball in a little cage near my own end zone, waiting for the vamps to de-pitch their own thralls, before handing off to Gil-Galad to run clear for his second TD of the game.

The game finished 2-0, and Gil-Galad picked up +1MV after the match. My new thrower Cirdan also levelled up straight away, and took accurate.

Match 7, GHG v Erengrad Convicts

The humans bought a bribe before the match, and basically used it to foul every turn of the game. I chose to receive again, and decided to run the ball, making a cage on my left.

The humans formed columns to hold me back, but a substantial portion of the team were engaged in gang-fouling Gil-Galad on the far side of the pitch, so I went "full contact", and pushed onto the humans, inviting blocks. Sure enough, they failed a block and Cirdan darted forward down the touchline and handed the ball off to Werelenial for a touchdown.

The human team went for it in the remainder of the first half, and were unlucky not to score - they ran the ball on my left side via their catcher (who was knocked over by Vanval). The ball was picked up and handed off to their AG4 blitzer, who failed a GFI just short of the line.

The humans received in the second half, and again passed the ball to their catcher who was protected by a cage on my right. Several turns of intense fighting in the elven half ensued before the humans dodged clear, making a strong half-cage in the centre. Xakalwe was having none of it though, and dodged through the cage, brought down the human catcher and dodged clear with the ball.

The crowd roared as the humans fired up the wizard, who killed Xakalwe on the spot with a lightning bolt! The humans were unable to secure the ball however, and it was scooped up and handed off to Gil-Galad who made the final score 2-0.

Match 8, GHG v Krieg Komodo

After two very close games, something a bit easier with a Nuffle-assisted win over the lizards.

Vanval was the star here, killing a skink with his first block, and then sweeping up as the lizards broke forward with the ball. He KO'd the ball carrier, and then picked up the loose ball and passed it to Gil-Galad, who sprinted forward to score an early TD.

The lizards received a second time, but a dropped hand off gave rise to a huge ruck in the centre of the pitch. At the end of the first half Cirdan managed to grab the ball and pass it clear to Werelenial, who scored on the stroke of half time for 2-0.

In the second half more touchdowns followed, an early sack on the ball carrier was recovered and converted into a three turn TD for the rookie blitzer Turin. The lizards then responded by running the ball close to the elven line. Vanval again knocked the ball clear, and again Cirdan tried to pass the ball clear, only this time a lizard interception allowed the skinks to pass the ball themselves to make it 3-1. Finally a typical elven 2 turner made the final score 4-1

Updated roster

With 1 match to go this season, the roster is as follows:




No comments:

Post a Comment